Monday 26 November 2012

Status on SETI@home task and General Update

Well the SETI@home task finished on my Raspberry Pi and uploaded/reported back to the SETI servers:


The task took around 2.5 days. I had to pause it a couple of times to test other things (restarted at checkpoint fine).

There seems to be some serious delay in SETI validation at the moment so we'll have to wait a little until a final verdict can be made.

In the meantime, I'll be running a MilkyWay@home separation task to see how that goes. 

I've also begun looking at getting an ARM version of the applications used for an Australian based project called 'theSkyNet POGS - the PS1 Optical Galaxy Survey' (POGS). Waiting for them to enable anonymous platform support so I can run a complete task cleanly on the Raspberry Pi.

If you're interested in donating computing power to them, check them out at:

No comments:

Post a Comment